Thursday, May 27, 2010

liquid skies and tamed suns



All I did today was prepare food for our little barbeque in the yard. Whenever I draw or paint or play the piano or read ... there's this kind of silence in the mind. My hands just move, and I just keep going. Cooking and baking is just like that as well to me ... until cake batters flood over the pan in the oven or I burn the whole bottom of a stew. I also can't forget to mention that time when all the cookies slid off the pan as I carried it out of the oven!

But life felt really rustic today. There was a lot of sunlight, good laughs, clinking of ice cubes in glasses, smoky barbeque that gets all in the hair ... and food made from scratch in a kitchen where other family is there preparing food with you ... the whole day tasted like lazy summer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Linda, your pix are awesome! Sometime you should come over and take pictures of my birds! You'd like my white dove, Bubbie! -Jen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D you bet i would<3

    ReplyDelete